About Me

It's a little weird moving around all of your life. My family has moved from Albania, which is in Europe, (it is NOT next to Italy, contrary to popular belief), to Garfield, Ohio. We switched through many apartment complexes until it was to a new suburb called Lakewood. In 2008, my family moved to Northeast Philadelphia, and with my parents barely speaking English, it was a pretty hard move for us.

Nonetheless, everything worked out.

I was just starting the third grade and my one older sister was entering eighth grade. We had previously been in the same school my entire life, so it was a difficult transition for the both of us. School in Philadelphia was slightly different from school in a small suburb; in the best way possible.

Bigger schools meant bigger opportunities. Diversity in schools meant finding my passion of equal opportunities for everyone, justice in the criminal justice system, finding safe spaces for people who need them, etc.. It was because of this change in school systems that I was able to really find who I am.

In eighth grade, I learned a lot about myself. It got easier be who I am and trust in myself. I learned about sexual orientation; which in theory never was a "problem" or in question for me, but after discovering that love could be more than just heterosexual, my life got a lot easier and overall, happier.

Now, I am dating the worlds most amazing girl.

The most important things to know about me have all been said, which is more than I can say for any other school year.

Comments